The Sulfur Expansion Project is expected to increase TCO’s sulfur-granulation capacity and eliminate routine addition of sulfur
inventory at the storage pads. The project is to select, define and implement systems and facilities that will result in an increase of saleable sulphur export capacity.
The main elements consist of the following:
- Additional sulphur degassing facilities
- Additional sulphur forming (granulation) facilities
- Incremental pumping and interconnecting pipework supporting the additional facilities
- Control system integration with existing sulphur forming units
- Expansion of utilities and infrastructure to support additional facilities